Sunday, October 15, 2006

First Day of Hunting Season...



I would have never thought I would be planning my life around the opening day of deer hunting season. And more specifically, Bow hunting season. My pretty little wall calendar which never gets more than a glance from Dave, is suddenly filled with scrawling handwriting on each week announcing how much closer we now are to deer hunting season. Each evening before dusk can find my husband perched in our swing set, bow in hand, practicing his shots from a different angle and blowing yet another hole in the pathetic foam deer across the yard. What the neighbors must think!

So, Daver got up sometime in the middle of the night, took a shower in some kind of scent removing product, threw on his camo, painted his face black, and proceeded to sit in a deer stand for like 9 hours. Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? He came home that evening with no deer, but a big grin on his face because the day he has been waiting and planning for for the past 4 months has finally arrived.

No comments: